Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Butterfly Bliss



Last night, I sat down and began working on a new 11x14 canvas, that I named Butterfly Bliss.

The first thing I did was put down some scraps from the blue paper bin.
Next, I painted a border on using Master's Touch Acrylic in Ocean Green.
 I used a cloud stencil and modeling paste to make the clouds.
Then, I took a stencil and misted on some teal, black, and red.
Some of the butterflies are Bo-bunny rubons.

Now, I took the bliss embellishment and sprayed it with some red mists, and distressed the outside of it with Vintage Photo.
I added the butterfly and the white flower on the embellishment, both by K&Company.


 Next, I wrote this quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne on card stock, cut it out and adhered it to the canvas.
 This guy here is from K&Company. It was origanally a cream color, but I used my distress inks, Victorian Velvet and Peeled Paint.
 Look at the bling I added to the wings! I also added bling to some other butterflys.
 And last, below "Bliss", I added a white lace ribbon, and a blue bow on top of it :)

I had a lot of fun with this canvas, and I tried not to be too serious about it,  I just wanted to enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY!


9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the elements you used and the beautiful colors!! What a stunning work of art :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas! Nice colors and great details! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam!
    DT Member Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! You did a fabulous job on the butterfly. Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    Julie
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us over at 3 Girl Jam!!
    Jessica
    3 Girl Jam DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is just beautiful! Love all the artsy colors! Thanks for joining us at 3GJ!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. Gorgeous hues of blues and creams. Wonderful job on the sentiment. Thanks for participating in the 3 Girl JAM Challenge with us!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    3GJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stunning card! Love all the movement! Thanks for playing along at 3GJ!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria
    3 Girl JAM DT Member

    ReplyDelete