Friday, September 7, 2012

Love Birds

 
So, today I'm going to share with you a page from my art journal:)
 
 
 
 
Fisrt, I used Modeling paste and a 2 bird stencils.
After the paste dried, I used Liquitex Acrylic Ink in Phthalocyanine Blue on the bird on the right, and colored its belly with Permanant Red Master's Touch Acrylic Paint, and it's beak with Flesh. On the bird on the left, I painted Persian Red, and the belly Sky Blue. The beak is painted Flesh. The color of the leaves is Lime Sorbet.
Above the birds, I put a little white heart from my stash:)
 
 
 
Next, I painted the background Ocean Green. I used a stencil and traced the clouds from a book page, and cut the out, distressed the edges with Black Soot, and modpodged them down.
I doodled on the inside and outside of the cloud using a white and black pen.
 

I spritzed on red spray with a "Love" stencil by Home Decor Show Offs.

 
And last, I glued down these Prima Flowers, which I love so much, and added a gemstone in the middle of them:)

 
This was a very simple page in my journal, but I really like it.
I'm sure one of these days, I'll go in and add more to it:)
 
I hope I inspired you with this Art Journal page, I enjoyed just going for it and not really thinking about it. It seems thats when I have the most fun creating!
 
Thanks for stopping by, and if you're a new follower, Thankyou!
I'm looking foward to seeing your work!
 
Hugs!
 
 
Entered in these challenges:
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love, how you did the birds and the clouds! So lovely!

    Hugs,
    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kaitlynn,

    I would love to hand over to you the "Kinderschuh-Award" - in English "child's shoe - award". It is meant to make blogs more known, which are still in their beginnings.

    Only requirement from you would be, to hand this award over to five other bloggers, who fit the conditions. If you would like to join and get the award badge, please, have a look for more information on my blog!

    Hugs,

    die amelie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty project. Love the soft colors.

    Don’t forget to had GDT after your name if you want to be a Guest designer in an upcoming challenge! Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlynn, it is not often that I see journal pages. So it is fun to have entries of them into the challenges! This is a unique and beautiful page! I love your birds, the colors you used, and the sentiment! But probably my favorite parts are your clouds! They are so cool! :^) Thank you so much for joining our challenge at TTCRD! Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I was hoping that i would see some lovely journal pages for my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and what a beauty yours is ! Gorgeous texture colours and design and I just love those clouds. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is a simple page I would love to see a more intricate one! This is lovely work with so many techniques involved. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant page, I love the birds and their colours. Also thanks for the information on the techniques you've used, it's very inspirational.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! I hope to see you again next week!!

    - Susan, DT @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete