Sunday, July 22, 2012

Creative Bliss

Today was a busy Sunday! We got up early and took our little one to the zoo for the first time! He absolutely loved it, but it was sooo HOT!
Tonight, my husband and I had some fun painting with the new goodies we got:D
I made this 6x6 canvas:

I used modeling paste on this one. I wanted lots of texture!
I started the canvas with the compass design (stencil) and modeling paste, and I put 3 or 3 different ones. Next, I added a couple pieces of newspaper for the tissue paper effect (below bird). Then I threw oodles of blue and white paint:) The red dots are also done by paint and stencil.
I wasn't too sure of what to do next, so I put a Smash tape border on the bottow, and layered a ribbon on top on it. Once again, I came up blank. SUPRISE! I pulled out a doille, and mod podged it on there. Then, I found this little felt bird iron-on I bought on clearance. Now, it needed a little words. So I stamped 'CreatiVe' and 'Bliss' On a sheet of white cardstock, cut them out, distressed and adhered them. And then came the awesome Paper Studios flower.

What an AWESOME way to spend my Sunday!!!
How was your weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment